Gas can be one of the big triggers to upset newborns and upset new parents. Here are some easy tips to manage gassy babies:
- Stop and burp during feeds (not just at the end of the feed) bottle feeding every ounce/ breastfeeding every 10 minutes.
- Keeping baby upright for at least 15 minutes after feeds in the daytime it will pay off later on.
- Try burping BEFORE you start feeding I call it “cleaning out the pipes”.
- A good baby carrier and having baby upright going for a walk in the later afternoon (when gas starts to build up). The will help the tummy into the evening.
- Have a Mother Me doula coming for a 5 hours visit just specifically to come up with some “gas management “skills to help everyone.